Inactive and Dormant Trusts
East London Community Foundation can help you and your clients make dormant or inactive assets for which you or they are trustees more effective in meeting local needs. We can do so through the Boost Initiative, a national service offered by Community Foundations with the assistance and support of the Charity Commission.
There are a variety of ways to work with us under the Initiative to unlock such dormant or inactive charitable assets:
- You can dissolve a trust and make a donation to us
- Assets can be transferred to set up a new fund with us
- Management agreements can be established with us, whereby we would administer funds on behalf of the trustees
- We can be appointed as the sole trustees of the charity.
By working with us, trustees will enjoy a range of benefits:
- Trustees can remain involved in effective grant making, without the responsibility of being a trustee.
- Our local knowledge, support and outreach ensure grants are being used to meet the real needs of local areas.
- Trustees can invest in an endowment fund - leaving a legacy for the future.
- We offer a flexible, cost effective and trouble free solution to giving in local communities, removing the unwanted administrative responsibility
- We can pool resources, drawing a number of funding streams together to increase capacity and add value.
If you are a Trustee or have clients who are Trustees and would like to know more about working with us under the Boost Initiative and reactivating such assets, please contact Anja Beinroth on 0300 303 1203.
East London Community Foundation is an accredited Community Foundation with Coutts & Co
We help communities in London, particularly those in North East London, in Barking & Dagenham, Enfield, Hackney, Haringey, Havering, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.